Chickpea puree is an easy recipe to prepare and can be enjoyed as a single dish, but also as a side dish for a second course.
Chickpea puree with rosemary is an excellent variation on the traditional potato puree, and it is a delicious and quick dish to prepare. If you want to enjoy it as a first course, add a little water to give a thicker consistency to the soup. Instead, in case you want to prepare a side dish, make sure that the puree is soft and creamy .
Today we will prepare a canned chickpea puree, quick and easy to cook, but alternatively you can also use dried chickpeas . Be sure to soak them in water for half a day, then boil them for 45 minutes . Let's go see how to make chickpea puree!
Preparation: how to make chickpea puree with rosemary
- In a pan, fry the finely chopped shallot in a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil with a clove of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Once the shallot is browned, add the well-drained canned chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a ladle of water and leave on the fire .
- After a few minutes, remove the sprig of rosemary and the clove of garlic and transfer everything into a container.
- Blend with an immersion blender, adding salt and pepper to taste and two tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Once you have a thick mixture , put it back in the pan for a few minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil and a sprig of rosemary to decorate.
If you liked our rosemary chickpea puree you can't not try the classic hummus !
We recommend keeping the spreadable chickpea cream in the fridge, for a maximum of 2-3 days , inside a special container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...