These homemade breadsticks are crunchy and baked in the oven: here’s how to prepare them very simply and without making gross mistakes.
Who doesn’t love bread sticks? They are excellent as an accompaniment to a meal, but also as a snack, for an aperitif and to be enjoyed to break hunger. The ingredients are very simple : water, oil, flour, and yeast which must be skilfully mixed to obtain genuine and crunchy homemade breadsticks. You can make them long and thin, or coarser, the only difference is in the ironing. Let’s see how to prepare this quick and easy recipe!
Preparation of homemade breadsticks
- Add the water and yeast so that the latter dissolves , and pour the mixture over the flour; then continue adding the honey and oil. Mix everything with the help of an electric mixer, and at the last add the salt.
- When the mixture takes the shape of a ball , it is ready to rise. The important thing is not to work it too much: as soon as it no longer sticks, let it rest.
- It must rest for 2 hours covered and sprinkled with olive oil. After the rising time, fold the dough on itself to give it strength and let it rise for another 2 hours.
- At this point, roll out the leavened dough with the help of a rolling pin and give it a rectangular shape. Make some strips and iron them. Ironing is a very simple process: starting from the center of the future breadstick, start pulling.
- Contrary to what one might think, breadsticks should not be rolled because the dough would lose friability and become hard. The more you pull them the longer and thinner they will be: it’s very intuitive .
- Bake at 190 ° C in a preheated oven for a maximum of 20 minutes: keep an eye on them.
- Do not bite into them as soon as they come out of the oven, they will taste better when they are cold.
To prepare homemade breadsticks with malt, add 1 teaspoon when, after inserting the flour into the dough: by doing this you can improve the leavening and make the breadsticks even softer!
How to flavor homemade breadsticks: variants
- To prepare sesame breadsticks, insert the seeds into the dough and form the breadsticks; or before putting them in the oven, sprinkle them with sesame . You will feel what goodness!
- You can also prepare breadsticks with green or black olives, already pitted so it will be easier. Take 60 g, cut them into pieces and put them in the dough. Then proceed as per the recipe.
- Finally, you can also prepare pizzaiola breadsticks. You will need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt. After mixing the flour with the water and yeast, add the 3 ingredients and proceed as per the recipe. Alternatively, you can dissolve the tomato paste a little water, add oregano and salt, and use this mixture to brush the breadsticks before putting them in the oven.
Keep these loaves of bread dough in a paper bag for a couple of days.
Also try the rye breadsticks : truly original!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe