How to make soft and crunchy gnocchi alla romana: quick and worry-free preparation with a few simple ingredients.
There are many doubts about the origin of gnocchi alla romana, some say that they derive precisely from Roman cuisine, characterized by poor and simple ingredients, others think that they originate from Piedmont or Lombardy, due to the use of butter in a decidedly important way . In any case, they are a simple and slightly retro dish that reminds us of our grandmother , but they are certainly very tasty and nutritious. Here’s how to make gnocchi alla romana.
Preparation of gnocchi alla romana with the general recipe
- To prepare your Roman-style gnocchi, heat the milk in a saucepan with a knob of butter, a pinch of salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then pour in the semolina, stirring continuously with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook for 20 minutes , stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and add 2/3 of the grated cheese and the two egg yolks to the mixture (vigorously and with a hand whisk).
- Pour the mixture onto a shelf and level it with a moistened knife until you get a thickness of just over 1 cm, then let it cool and then transfer the semolina to the refrigerator so that it becomes firm as it should.
- Obtain many discs with a glass or a cup that you will place in a greased pan , making them overlap a little one on the other. Roll out the leftover dough again to get more gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with the remaining Parmesan, melt the butter and pour it over the gnocchi, bake in a hot oven at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes , until a nice golden crust forms.
- Serve your gnocchi alla romana very hot, from the same cooking container.
And if you liked them, also try the classic gnocchi recipe, to be seasoned as you like!
Roman-style semolina gnocchi can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 days , closed in a special container for food. If you have used all fresh ingredients you can freeze them in the freezer when they are raw, in the pan and already seasoned with cheese and butter so that in a moment they go into the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...