Pasta and lentils is a poor dish, but for its goodness it is worthy of a King: here is the delicious recipe!
Pasta and lentils is a perfect dish to serve hot in the cold seasons. Instead of ditalini you can use any other suitable type of small or medium sized pasta , and in fact in some regions they use broken spaghetti or maltagliati. When serving, you can garnish the dishes with a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground black pepper. If you don't like garlic in the preparation, leave it whole and remove it before adding the lentils.
Are you ready to prepare this wonderful dish? So follow us into the kitchen, and let's get started right away !
How to make pasta with lentils
- Clean and finely chop the onion, carrot, garlic and celery, then cut the bacon into small cubes. If you want to give the pasta a stronger flavour, you can also choose to use bacon.
- Heat the vegetable broth and keep it at a very light simmer , in the meantime put the oil in a saucepan and place it on a medium heat.
- Heat it up, then add the chopped vegetables and the rosemary sprig. Brown for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced bacon, and cook for another two minutes.
- Pour the tomato paste and half a ladle of broth into the pan. Turn and let it cook for a minute, then remove the rosemary sprig.
- Add the lentils after having drained them from their preserving liquid , stir well and then pour in a few ladles of broth until the lentils are covered.
- Bring to a light simmer and, stirring occasionally, cook for 30-40 minutes until the lentils are cooked. Warning: the cooking of lentils can vary greatly depending on their type, so check their consistency every now and then! Furthermore, when the liquids begin to run out, add another ladle of broth.
- Only when the lentils are cooked, add salt and pepper. Pour the ditalini and as much broth as is needed to cook them. After ten minutes they should be ready. You can, as you like, choose to enjoy a very dense or more soupy pasta and lentils.
- Season with salt and pepper, let rest for 3-4 minutes, and finally serve in bowls or bowls.
The dish is ready, bon appetit!
Also try all our recipes with lentils : they are truly wonderful !
This dish, being wetter than a normal pasta dish, can be kept for a maximum of 2 days in the refrigerator, well covered in foil. We recommend heating it in the microwave for a few minutes before enjoying it. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...