Vegetable burgers are an excellent vegetarian recipe, ideal as a main course or to fill the classic sandwich.
Purists will want to point out that hamburger means meat burger, but it is now common to define vegetable burgers as any recipe that remembers the traditional one in its form. The veggie burger is simple to make at home and ideal not only for those following this type of diet. In fact, vegetarian burgers are the ideal solution for letting the little ones eat vegetables. Just serve them in the classic sandwich with a slice of stringy cheese and some sauce to make them happy.
The baked vegetable burger remains lighter and crunchy, ideal if you want to keep the recipe light. To prepare it, choose seasonal vegetables combined with grated cheese and spices to taste. The result will amaze you and you will no longer be able to do without it.
How to make the vegetable burger
- First you need to boil the vegetables . Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut them into pieces of the same size (about 2 cm).
- Boil them in a pan with plenty of salted water until they are soft under the fork.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to cooking the courgette . Wash it under running water, remove the ends and cut it into chunks.
- Sauté it in a pan with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are ready and cool, start preparing the hamburger. Mash the potatoes and carrots with a fork, then add the courgettes, egg, parmesan and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally add just enough breadcrumbs to obtain a mixture that is not too dry and workable with your hands.
- Divide the dough into four parts and give it the characteristic shape of the hamburger with your hands. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a drizzle of oil and cook at 200 ° C for 20 minutes , turning them halfway through cooking.
When cooked, place a slice of cheese on each of them so that it begins to melt. Then compose the sandwich by distributing a little sauce on the bread, the salad and the tomato at the base and on top of the vegetable meatball. Close and serve still hot.
We recommend keeping the burgers in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days , but if you have already prepared the sandwich it is best to consume it at the moment. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...