How to prepare gluten-free energy bars
Simple to prepare and full of flavor, gluten-free energy bars are perfect to consume as a healthy snack.
Energy bars are a perfect snack not only for sportsmen but also for all those who are health-conscious and are looking for a delicious way to consume seeds and dried fruit . To make life easier even for those who follow a gluten-free diet, today let's see how to prepare gluten-free bars.
It goes without saying that to obtain a gluten-free food it is essential to carefully choose the starting ingredients. If we can be on the safe side with honey , seeds and dried fruit, with cereals we need to pay attention. That's why today, to simplify the preparation, we have chosen to use puffed rice combined with rice flakes .
How to prepare gluten free bars recipe
This type of preparation really lends itself to many variations . You can choose the seeds you prefer, also based on their properties, and dried fruit can also be used to your liking. I usually also add dehydrated fruit such as raisins, goji berries and apricots. In short, these energy bars are a real concentrate of flavour!
- First, put the rice flakes , puffed rice , seeds and coarsely chopped dried fruit in a bowl.
- Add raisins and goji berries and finely chop the dehydrated apricots instead.
- Heat the honey in a saucepan over low heat to make it fluid. Then pour it over the other ingredients and mix well to distribute it evenly. If you think you are in a too cold environment, do the reverse operation, i.e. add the dry part to the honey.
- Line a square or rectangular pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture while it is still hot, being careful not to burn yourself. Form a layer about 2 cm high and press down well with the back of a spoon to compact it well.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 12 hours before continuing with cutting the actual bars. This must be done with a large knife with a smooth and wet blade in order to prevent it from sticking or breaking.
For a healthy snack, try our gluten-free biscuit recipe.
We recommend keeping the bars in a cool, dry place, away from sources of light and heat and well wrapped in special food paper. This way the energy sweets will keep for a few weeks .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce