Using veal it is possible to prepare an excellent stew in a pressure cooker, adding potatoes and carrots to make it richer.
The pressure cooker is one of those kitchen utensils that you either hate it or love it. If you are among those who consider it a time bomb, there's nothing better than trying your hand at some simple recipes to discover its infinite potential . Take for example the stew in a pressure cooker. For this recipe, it usually takes at least an hour to cook and it is not always certain that the meat is tender and the sauce full-bodied.
So preparing veal stew with potatoes in a pressure cooker could prove to be the best choice. In fact, once the preparation has started, you can "forget" about the pot and let it do the bulk of the work. Like? Let's see it together.
How to make pressure cooker stew recipe
- First, peel the onion and chop it finely with a knife. Brown it in the pan together with the oil and the bay leaves.
- Then add the pieces of meat floured on all sides and brown them well so as to seal them.
- Deglaze with the white wine and, when you no longer feel the smell of alcohol rising from the pot, pour in the tomato puree and a glass of water. Add a pinch of salt and close with the lid. Raise the heat to the maximum so as to bring the pot under pressure and, starting from the whistle, lower it to the minimum and calculate 30 minutes of cooking.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm pieces. Also peel the carrots and cut them into slices.
- Vent the pot and add the potatoes and carrots, then close and bring back to pressure. From now on it will take 15 minutes . At this stage, make sure that there is enough liquid in the pot to cook the vegetables and, if necessary, add a little water.
- Serve the stew piping hot and, if you like, accompany it with polenta.
If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can still prepare an excellent stew with potatoes in the traditional way.
Veal stew in a pressure cooker can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. We advise you to heat it in a pan before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...