The Stracchino della Duchessa alla Modenese is a typical dessert of Emilia Romagna made up of ladyfingers and pate à bombe.
Stracchino della Duchessa is a sweet parfait typical of Emilia Romagna , in particular of the area between Parma and Modena, but also widespread in the Mantua area. The origin of the name is not entirely certain but it seems to refer to the particular shape assumed by the dessert due to the preparation inside the plumcake mold. The Duchess, on the other hand, could be a noblewoman who first gave birth to this delight.
The recipe for the Emilian dessert basically consists of a wrapper of ladyfingers and a filling of pate à bombe with pasteurized eggs. The preparation is further enriched by sliced almonds and chocolate chips . In short, if you are looking for an easy but refined-looking dessert, the white duchess stracchino is the recipe for you.
How to prepare the recipe for the duchess’s stracchino
- First, whip the eggs with a spoonful of sugar taken from the total. You can use the electric whisk or the planetary mixer equipped with a wire whisk.
- In the meantime, prepare the pate à bombe: pour the water and sugar into a saucepan, bring to a boil and, once it reaches 121 ° C (to be measured with a kitchen thermometer), pour it flush over the eggs, whipping to the maximum speed.
- Separately, in a bowl, whip the cream with the mascarpone. Then add a spoonful of pate à bombe and finally all the rest, stirring gently from the bottom up.
- Divide the cream into two equal parts : in one add the cocoa and the sliced almonds, in the other the chocolate chips.
- Line a plum cake mold with cling film then line it internally with the ladyfingers soaked in rum flavored coffee.
- Form a first layer of white cream, then one of cocoa cream and finally close with a layer of soaked ladyfingers.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving, decorating as desired with a sprinkling of bitter cocoa.
If you love these recipes, we recommend that you also try our nougat parfait , a real delight.
Stracchino della Duchessa can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days . Alternatively, you can freeze it for over 2 months, taking care to let it defrost in time in the refrigerator if necessary.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...