Pancakes with raisins are Carnival sweets that are as tasty as they are easy to make. Here’s everything you need to know to make them very fluffy.
One of the best proposals for typical Carnival period sweets comes from Venice . We are talking about the original recipe of Venetian sweet pancakes with raisins and pine nuts. They are small balls made of a very soft and easily molded dough . In its territory of origin, this delight is also called Venetian fritola and, as its name indicates, it is enriched with raisins inside. These sweet nuggets should be fried , like most of the typical preparations of this period, and covered with lots of icing or granulated sugar.
Are you ready? Let’s go to the stove!
Preparation of the recipe for pancakes with raisins
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and soak the raisins for 15 minutes .
- Meanwhile, put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk.
- Add the milk to this mixture, a little at a time, and the grated rind of the lemon, stirring from time to time.
- Sift the flour and add it to the mixture a little at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon (if you prefer also with electric whisk).
- Add the yeast (sifted), pine nuts and raisins ( well squeezed ), then mix with a spoon. Cover with cling film and let it rest for 15 minutes .
- Meanwhile, fill a large frying pan with seed oil. Heat on the stove until the liquid reaches 170 ° C.
- At this point, take a little of the dough at a time with two spoons, which you must use to form balls.
- Dip a few Carnival pancakes with raisins at a time. When they are well swollen and golden, drain and place them on a tray with absorbent paper.
- Let it cool and then cover with lots of powdered sugar.
After understanding how to make fluffy pancakes with raisins, we are sure you will want to prepare them at the earliest opportunity. You can keep them in a closed container for up to 1 day .
Another must-have dessert at Carnival are castagnole di ricotta .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...