Jerusalem artichoke flan: a delicious and different side dish. Here is the recipe for a dish that is also excellent as an appetizer!
The Jerusalem artichoke flan is a particular and rich in flavor side dish: we are sure that today's recipe will make you fall in love with this tuber!
The recipe that we propose is very basic and also uses potatoes to have a softer texture and taste. However, you can safely eliminate the potatoes and increase the quantity of Jerusalem artichoke, perhaps adding a little liquid cream to refine the dish.
Preparation of the Jerusalem artichoke flan
- Start by washing the Jerusalem artichokes, then peel them and cut them into small cubes. Cook them in a pot of water with salt and pepper until they are cooked and nice and soft (it will take 15-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut them into small cubes and cook them in another pan with a drizzle of oil and the other clove of garlic for about 20 minutes .
- Put the vegetables in a mixer removing the garlic and blend them until you get a smooth cream. At this point, add the eggs, cheese, salt and pepper one at a time and continue to blend until you get a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Alternatively, you can mash the vegetables with a fork and transfer them to a bowl where you will add the other ingredients.
- Grease the cups for the Jerusalem artichoke pies with a brush of oil and pour the mixture inside, leaving about 1 finger from the edge.
- Put them in a pan with high sides, add 1-2 cm of water and cook in the oven in a bain-marie at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes .
- When cooked, remove from the oven, let it cool for a few moments and serve. Enjoy your meal!
Do you like this tuber? There are many other recipes with Jerusalem artichoke that you can try!
We recommend that you consume our Jerusalem artichoke flans immediately, as they may slightly deflate over time. The taste, however, will also be good for 1-2 days after cooking, just keep the vegetable appetizer in the fridge well covered with cling film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Homemade spinach: everyone likes it and allows even less convinced children to eat vegetables. With homemade baby spinach, you can...
Buckwheat crepes with radicchio and gorgonzola: delicious!
Buckwheat crêpes with radicchio and gorgonzola are a dish rich in flavor and colour, also ideal for celiacs. Buckwheat crêpes...
Linseed bread: the light recipe for a super crunchy bread
Linseed bread is an excellent leavened, crunchy and healthy product to bring to the table hot. Flaxseed bread is one...
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Chicken Cacciatore in the air fryer
We prepare the delicious chicken Cacciatore in the air fryer, a traditional second course full of good flavours. No more...