Crunchy, light and naturally vegan, kale chips are a perfect healthy snack, also excellent as an aperitif.
Munching on something while sitting on the sofa is a treat that we can forget about if we pay attention to our figure. Or at least that was the case until we discovered kale chips, also known as Kale chips . Crispy like chips but much lighter, they are perfect to enjoy as an aperitif, snack or hunger breaker . Crumbled on the pasta they will then give your dishes a very special crunchy and savory note!
Baked kale chips are a quick and easy snack as well as healthy. In fact, it will be sufficient to remove the central rib, wash the leaves well and dry them before cooking them in the oven with just a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt . To obtain extra crunchy vegetable chips, don't forget to use the ventilated mode: this is the key to success!
How to prepare the kale chips recipe
- First , remove the hard central rib of the cabbage. Doing it is quite simple: hold the base of the stem with your left hand and slide the fingers of your right hand, tightly closed, along the entire length. The softest part will come off effortlessly.
- At this point, wash it thoroughly under running water, perhaps even with some bicarbonate of soda to make sure it is very clean, then drain it and dry it perfectly. A salad spinner and then a clean dish towel are all you need.
- Place the leaves on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush them with extra virgin olive oil , massaging well.
- Season with a pinch of salt , a pinch of pepper and some sesame seeds to taste.
- Bake the kale chips at 180°C for 8-10 minutes in ventilated mode. Never lose sight of them and after 8 minutes taste one to check its crunchiness.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool before consuming them.
And here is a very simple video recipe for preparing these snacks , which can also be easily customized with spices and aromas of your choice:
If you are a fan of this winter vegetable, try all our recipes with kale .
We recommend enjoying these healthy, easy and crunchy snacks right away .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...