Also known as Lebanese meatballs, kibbeh is a popular dish in different parts of Asia and Africa. Here is the recipe with beef and bulgur.
Tracking down the origin of kibbeh is a real feat. Considered a typical dish of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq , they are also widespread in many regions of North Africa . Wanting to describe them, we could say that they are a sort of meatballs and bulgur stuffed with meat and expertly spiced . They are served fried as an appetizer but there are also versions based on raw meat.
As for the shape and blend of spices, as it is easy to guess, it depends a lot on the areas. The preponderant flavour, together with that of lamb meat , is cumin , while for the shape the most common is undoubtedly the elongated one, like a rugby ball. You can also give it the classic round shape and replace the lamb with beef: they will still be excellent.
How to make kibbeh recipe
- First, finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. Then add the cumin powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 100 g of minced meat and cook for 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Once ready, add the chopped pine nuts with a knife.
- In the meantime, let the bulgur rehydrate for 30 minutes in cold water, then drain it well and transfer it to a bowl.
- Mix it with the remaining minced meat and flavor everything with the mint chopped with a knife and a pinch of salt.
- Spread a 6-7 mm layer of this mixture on the lightly oiled palm of your hand, place a little cooked meat in the center and close, giving the classic elongated shape . As they are ready, arrange the meatballs and bulgur on a plate.
- Then fry them in abundant seed oil until they are golden and crunchy.
These Lebanese stuffed meatballs are excellent accompanied with a yogurt sauce or tahini, the famous sesame seed paste.
Kibbehs can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days . We advise you to heat them in a pan before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children