Let's enjoy some delicious lentil burgers today, a light variant of the traditional meat burgers: perfect for all your guests!
How about eating a great lentil burger? This dish can be prepared in both classic and vegan versions, the only difference is whether or not to put an egg in the dough. Today we will offer you the ingredients for the vegan variant, where we will use soaked bread to give the burgers a compact consistency.
These veggie burgers are really tasty and original, and we assure you that young and old will appeal to them. If you want you can also enjoy them inside a sandwich with your favorite sauce , fresh salad and a nice slice of tomato.
Let's get to the stove and start right away: here's the recipe for vegan lentil burgers!
How to make homemade lentil burgers
- Prepare a sauté with finely chopped carrot and onion.
- Let them cook with olive oil and add the lentils. Leave to flavor with salt and pepper for five minutes , then turn off the heat.
- In a blender, break up the wholemeal bread soaked in water and blend it together with the lentils. Add the paprika and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Blend again until you get a fairly compact dough. Work the compound obtained with your hands and give it the classic shape of many round discs.
- Heat a non-stick pan, grease with a little oil and cook your burgers. Brown them for a couple of minutes on each side to form a crust .
Lentil burgers are ready! You can accompany them with a salad of raw carrot sheets seasoned with oil, salt, lemon and chilli pepper , or enjoy them inside a sandwich with lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Enjoy your meal!
Dried lentil burgers: how to make them with red ones
If you have more time to devote to making these vegan medallions, you can also use dried red lentils. 200 g and a few steps will be enough:
- Put the finely chopped carrot and onion in the pot and cook with a drizzle of oil to create the ceiling.
- At this point add the lentils, mix, salt and pepper and add water to cover them. Cook over low heat for at least 20-30 minutes and add hot water (or vegetable stock) as needed.
- Then proceed with the same steps as for the original recipe, knowing that you can replace stale bread with a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs until you reach the desired consistency.
Also enjoy ourchickpea burgers , delicious and quick to make!
We recommend keeping the vegan burgers in the fridge for a maximum of 2-3 days raw , better if wrapped in transparent film so they don't stick. When cooked, you can always keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days and heat them in a pan if necessary. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children