Let’s discover a typical Chinese dish, the zongzi
Zongzi are a typical Chinese recipe based on rice stuffed with spiced meat. Wrapped in bamboo leaves they are a simple and particular dish.
Zongzi, more simply zong, is a typical Chinese recipe based on glutinous rice stuffed with meat and wrapped in bamboo or rush leaves. It is usually steamed or boiled and, depending on the area, it can take on different shapes, from the most common triangular to cylindrical. There are also various recipes for the filling but undoubtedly the most traditional is based on pork flavored with soy sauce and five spice powder. The idea of adding mushrooms is excellent, especially the shitake variety.
Zongzi is usually prepared on the occasion of the dragon boat festival , celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month which usually falls between the end of May and the beginning of June. According to legend, the zongzi were thrown into a river to appease the hunger of a dragon that lived there.
How to make zongzi recipe
- First, put the bamboo leaves to rehydrate , completely covered with water, for at least 12 hours.
- Then put the minced meat in a bowl, 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, the 5 spice powder (they are nothing more than fennel, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, black pepper all in powder and mixed), the rice wine, sugar and salt and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Rinse the glutinous rice 2-3 times by placing it in a fine mesh sieve then season it with the remaining light and dark soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Now that all the ingredients are ready, all that remains is to assemble: slightly overlap two bamboo leaves and fold them over, crossing them to obtain a cone . Put a spoonful of rice on the bottom, then a spoonful of meat and finally another spoonful of rice to cover. Close the leaves forming a triangle then seal with string.
- Boil the zongzi in boiling water for 2 hours then serve by removing the outer bamboo casing.
Want to try another very famous Chinese dish? Here is the recipe for sweet and sour chicken !
Zongzi can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. We advise you to consume them at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce