U’bredette is a typical dish from Termoli. It is a fish soup originally prepared with the leftovers of the fish.
U ‘bredette alla molisana is a fish soup prepared with the leftovers of the fish. It has very humble origins in fact it was the fishermen, or rather their wives, who worked hard in the kitchen to bring to the table a tasty dish using only what they had available.
Cicadas, squid, mullet and other types of fish are cooked in a tomato sauce which, unlike other broth and soup recipes, is enriched with peppers , usually green. The beauty of the Termolese fish soup is that it is prepared really quickly: in less than half an hour it is cooked and to enjoy it there is nothing better than a few slices of toasted homemade bread . Let’s find out how to prepare this typical Molise recipe.
How to prepare the u ‘bredette alla molisana recipe
- First clean all the fish or ask the fishmonger to do this for you. Otherwise you can follow our instructions to clean squid , mussels and clams . The other fish, on the other hand, must be scaled, boned and cut into chunks.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped garlic, chilli and parsley in the oil.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and peppers, washed and cut into chunks.
- First add the fish together with half a glass of water and a pinch of salt and cook for 15 minutes.
- Finally add the mussels and clams and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes , just long enough for them to open.
- Serve by completing with ground pepper and a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley.
Do you love this kind of recipes? Also try our brodetto alla vastese .
Since this is a fish recipe, we recommend that you consume the brodetto alla Molisana freshly made or keep it for a maximum of one day in the refrigerator.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...