The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy consistency.
The name does not bode well yet the brandacujun is nothing more than creamed stockfish. It is a typical product of western Liguria prepared with desalted cod , potatoes and herbs such as parsley, lemon juice and garlic. This traditional Ligurian dish was born on sailors’ boats where potatoes and fish were never lacking.
The meaning of brandacujun derives from the gesture of brandishing , that is to rotate the pot to mix all the ingredients and thus obtain the characteristic consistency. As for the second part of the name, the translation of which is not difficult to guess, it alludes to the fact that this operation was carried out by the less awake sailor on the ship, being a rather simple calculation.
How to prepare the original recipe brandacujun
- First cut the cod into small pieces, leaving the skin behind. Put it in a large pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil.
- At this point, add the peeled potatoes cut into chunks and continue cooking until they are tender.
- Set aside half a glass of cooking water and drain all the ingredients, removing the skin and any fish bones.
- Then put all the ingredients back into the pot, lightly mashing the potatoes, and add the finely chopped garlic and parsley, the oil and the cooking water, mixing well with a wooden spoon as if you were stirring.
- Scented with lemon zest and juice, season with salt and pepper and complete with pine nuts.
The brandacujun is a quick recipe excellent to be served as an appetizer, spread on croutons , or as a main course. If you like the idea, we suggest you also try the more classic creamed cod, we are sure you will like it.
If you love cod, however, you can try the stewed cod recipe .
The brandacujun cod can be kept in the refrigerator well covered with film for 2-3 days. We advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...