If you are looking for a greedy and particular dessert, we invite you to try the cugliaccio, an Albanian dessert typical of Easter and wedding ceremonies.
For those who don’t know, the alberesh community is made up of Albanians who came to Italy starting from the 15th century to escape the Turkish occupation. They are mainly located between Calabria and Lucania and represent real enclaves as regards customs and traditions in our territory. The Albanian cugliaccio is perhaps the dessert that most of all represents this culture.
Usually prepared for Easter or weddings , this leavened alberesh is permeated with religious symbolism. It is a bread that can be sweet or neutral, inside which the eggs are sunk. In fact, religion forbade the consumption of these during Lent therefore, once it was over, it was necessary to find a quick way to consume them. In addition to the eggs , a symbol of fertility, the dough is given a circular shape , with an intertwining that forms four arms to represent the indissolubility of marriage. There is also the custom of decorating the surface with two snakes, two birds and a nest, placed in the center of the cake.
How to prepare the cugliaccio recipe
- First, dissolve the freshened sourdough in the water together with the brewer’s yeast.
- Place the flour in a heap and pour in the water and eggs. Knead quickly and when the mixture is still sticky, add the salt, lard, oil and liqueur.
- Knead for a long time , by hand or in a planetary mixer, until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
- Left to rise first at room temperature for an hour, then in the refrigerator for another 9.
- Let the dough return to room temperature before proceeding.
- Obtain 2 large and 2 small cylinders of dough and the decorations you prefer (you can also omit them) following the dictates of tradition.
- Intertwine the two largest cylinders to form a crown then the already small ones to create a sort of central cross.
- Let rise until doubled then brush with an egg and cook at 200 ° C for 10 minutes and at 180 ° C for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before consuming.
To prepare this dessert with brewer’s yeast, use 8 grams dissolved of the required amount of water, then proceed as per the recipe. Try another Easter cake similar in preparation, paska .
The cugliaccio can be kept under a cake bell for up to a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe