Broccoli and potato pasta is a quick and easy vegetarian first course to prepare. Here's how we do it.
Finding recipes that are quick and easy but tasty at the same time will allow you to always have an ace up your sleeve when time is short but you still need to bring something to the table. In these cases, broccoli and potato pasta comes to the rescue.
The beauty of this recipe is that the two vegetables are cooked together in 10 minutes in the same water in which we are going to boil the pasta. By sautéing them in the pan, the potatoes will tend to fall apart giving an extreme creaminess to the dish . But what is missing from this first vegetarian dish? Perhaps a boost of sapidity like the one pecorino is able to give. Let's see all the steps in detail.
How to prepare broccoli and potato pasta
- First clean the broccoli by removing the florets and washing them under running water. If they are too big, cut them in half. Then peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 cm cubes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the vegetables. They will cook in about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil with the garlic clove in a pan. Once the vegetables are ready, drain them with a slotted spoon and sauté them for 4-5 minutes . You will notice that the potatoes will begin to fall apart, forming a cream.
- In the same water, cook the pasta for the time indicated on the package, then drain it, setting aside 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Put the pasta back in the pan , add the water and the grated pecorino and stir everything well, seasoning with a little freshly minced black pepper. Serve the pasta with creamed potatoes and broccoli piping hot.
Already so delicious, this first course can also be enriched with cherry tomatoes, as we did in the broccoli, potato and cherry tomato pasta .
Potato and broccoli pasta can be kept in the refrigerator, well covered in plastic wrap, for 2-3 days . We advise you to heat it in a pan before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...