Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's prepare it together!
When we talk about babka we mean the typical Polish product whose name derives from the word "grandmother". In the world there are two versions of which the most famous is the intertwined one which has more strictly Jewish origins. The Babka dessert is in fact from Eastern Europe, although over time it has undergone various variations that have made it a versatile dessert.
Let's discover together the version of the babka of Jewish origin and prepare together this original recipe, rich in unmistakable flavors and aromas .
Preparation of the babka recipe
- Start this easy recipe by taking a large bowl and pouring the flour, sugar, salt and vanilla into it.
- Mix briefly and immediately add the eggs, milk and yeast , starting to mix again, this time with more energy. If you have a food processor or food processor you can mix the ingredients for a couple of minutes. The final result must be that of a soft compound.
- Cut half the quantity of butter into cubes (i.e. 70 g) and insert it slowly into the dough, being careful to incorporate it well.
- Knead by hand (or with the machine) for another 5 minutes and until the dough appears smooth and, above all, elastic. Once this is done, create a loaf and place it in a buttered bowl to let it rise. It will take about a couple of hours, after which it should be doubled in volume.
- While waiting, take the remaining butter and melt it together with the chocolate cut into pieces in a bain-marie.
- Add the cocoa powder and the icing sugar and mix vigorously. Once this is done, turn off the heat and let everything rest. The result should be a fluid but thick cream.
- When the dough has reached double the initial volume, take it back and arrange it on the work surface sprinkled with flour.
- Roll it out with the help of a rolling pin and give it a rectangular shape about one cm high.
- Spread the entire surface with the cream you just obtained, leaving only the perimeter free in order to obtain a sort of frame.
- Roll the dough from the long side and in order to obtain a cylinder.
- Cut the same in half and intertwine the two cylinders obtained to create a soft braid.
- Arrange the same inside a rectangular mold (the plumcake one is fine) lined with parchment paper, cover with cling film and let it rise for another couple of hours, preferably in a warm environment.
- After the time has elapsed, when the cake has increased in volume again, place the mold in a preheated oven at 180 ° C and cook for 30 minutes.
- When it appears golden on the surface, the chocolate babka will be ready to be served and enjoyed.
This quick and easy dessert can be kept for 3 or 4 days as long as it is well placed in the refrigerator and inside a glass or plastic container.
If you liked this recipe, try the challah one too!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce