Pullastiello eggplant is the original recipe of a typical product of Naples, with a rich and tasty filling.
The typical Neapolitan recipe of pullastiello aubergines is very tasty. Originally from the Neapolitan area, its main ingredient is genuine aubergines: these are filled with smoked provola and salami , before being floured and fried. It is a delicious second course rich in flavors linked to the territory, capable of making any meal unique.
The recipe from Campania is also known by the name of mulignane alla pullastiello and requires a double frying , to make the aubergines extremely crunchy and golden. Although it is not a particularly light preparation, you cannot resist its incredible taste!
Preparation of the recipe for aubergines in pullastiello
- Start with the main ingredient: wash and cut the hardest ends of the eggplant. Cut the pulp into strips or slices , according to your taste.
- Fill the bottom of a non-stick pan with a couple of tablespoons of seed oil and dip a few slices of vegetable at a time, frying them on both sides .
- Gradually, drain and place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper, waiting for them to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling and cut the salami into slices. Also cut the smoked provola cheese into slices or chunks.
- Take a slice of aubergine, place the provolone in the center and then the salami, in the quantities you prefer. Overlap a second slice of vegetable, forming almost a sandwich .
- Repeat this operation until all the aubergines are used up.
- In a small bowl, pour the eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat them lightly. In another bowl, however, pour the flour.
- Completely wet each eggplant sandwich in the eggs and, then, put it in the flour, pressing on each side with your hands, to make the powder adhere evenly.
- Fill a saucepan with plenty of seed oil and heat it on the stove.
- Once hot, dip a couple of eggplants at a time and fry for about 4 minutes , until golden on both sides. Gradually place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper to let them cool.
With this traditional Neapolitan recipe you will conquer everyone at the table. The best advice is to enjoy them hot and freshly made. If they are left over, keep them in the fridge for 1 day , in an airtight container.
If you love these vegetables, you can’t miss the recipe for a light eggplant parmigiana .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe