Only three ingredients and less than half an hour to prepare the broccoli pancakes, a typical appetizer of the party kitchen.
Autumn and winter are populated with an infinite variety of cabbages that lend themselves well to many recipes. The protagonist of today's table is broccoli, used to prepare broccoli pancakes in batter. In many areas of Italy these, together with other fried vegetables, are the protagonists of the Christmas table . Served as an appetizer, hot and crunchy, they are the right way to start your holiday lunch or dinner.
The secret to perfect frying is to use cold water and hot oil. This will create a thermal shock that will cause the batter to swell, sealing it well and consequently a crispy and lightly greasy fried. Ready to cook?
How to prepare the broccoli pancake recipe
- First, remove the florets from the broccoli and boil them in plenty of salted water for 10 minutes. They must remain firm as they will be cooked a second time.
- Once the broccoli is ready, drain and let it cool.
- Meanwhile , prepare the batter by mixing the flour, cold water and yeast with a whisk. Alternatively you can also use beer.
- Heat plenty of seed oil in a pan.
- Then dip the florets one by one in the batter so that it covers them well and once the excess has been drained, dip them in the oil .
- When they are swollen and golden, drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them over running water before serving.
On the other hand , pan-fried broccoli is excellent as a side dish: light and tasty, they are perfect for winter.
Like all fried foods, broccoli should also be consumed at the moment .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?