If you have always wondered how to make mozzarella, we are about to reveal the few steps that separate you from your homemade cheese.
We know what you're thinking: those in the supermarket are so comfortable, why should I care how to make mozzarella? The reason is simple: have you ever tasted an artisan mozzarella ? Do you remember the full flavor and the amazing texture? Here, you can also get all this by preparing homemade mozzarella.
The process itself is not too complicated and if you have seen at least once one of the classic Sunday programs at noon you will have noticed it too. However, it takes a little patience and the right ingredients. The milk for example must be of high quality and high in fat, pasteurized. Then you will need the rennet for mozzarella that you can order online or at the pharmacy and finally some citric acid that can be replaced with lemon juice. Let's find out how mozzarella is made!
How to make the mozzarella recipe
- First, mix the rennet in a cup with 5 ml of distilled water until it has dissolved.
- In a cup, instead, add the lemon juice and 90 ml of cold distilled water , mixing well.
- In a sufficiently large pot, pour the milk and distilled water with the lemon juice and, still stirring with a whisk, bring it to 31 ° C. As soon as you notice that the milk begins to curdle, pour the first mixture of water and rennet and cook over low heat until it reaches 40 ° C.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes. During this time, the curd separates from the whey. You will have to cut it into squares with a blade and transfer it to a fine mesh colander where you will salt it with 10 g of salt, then folding it on itself to drain more whey.
- In the meantime, heat a rather large pot until it reaches 82 ° C , add the curd and continue to work it with a wooden ladle.
- Take the mass, give it the classic shape of mozzarella and transfer it to a bowl containing 300 ml of whey, 15 g of salt and ice and let it rest for 2 hours before serving.
Now that you know how to make mozzarella, we recommend that you try to prepare the caprese : you will feel what a difference!
Homemade mozzarella can be kept in whey for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...