Miascia: Lake Como cake with bread and fruit
Let's prepare the miascia, the bread and fruit cake recipe that is part of the repertoire of quick and easy desserts, typical of northern Italy.
The preparation of miascia, the lake Como cake, is the recipe for a rustic and anti-waste dessert, originally from the province of Como . This typical Lombard dessert is a sort of bread cake, enriched with other common and genuine ingredients. For this reason, it is also called "poor", despite the fact that its dough is very rich in flavours. To top it all off there are fresh fruit , such as pears and apples, and raisins. The presence of stale bread in the mixture of this typical product makes the miascia di Bellagio rustic and fragrant, suitable for a snack or lunch with friends.
Preparation of miascia with the original recipe
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat it on the stove.
- Break up the stale bread, to reduce it into very small pieces, and put it in a bowl.
- Cover it with hot milk, stir and leave to soften for 30 minutes .
- Soak the raisins in a bowl filled with water for 10 minutes.
- When the bread is soft, add the sugar and the grated lemon zest.
- Also add a pinch of salt and the egg. Stir to mix everything.
- Pour the two flours onto the mixture, sifting them, and incorporate them.
- Wash, peel and clean the apple and pear. Cut them into cubes .
- Subsequently, add them to the dough for the sweet miascia and mix.
- Take a round cake mold and line it with baking paper. Pour the mixture inside.
- Distribute the raisins (well squeezed) and the knobs of butter on the surface.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 1 hour . After this time, let it cool and serve.
The Miascia cake is a delicious and simple dessert with which to end a family lunch. If you have leftover, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days .
Another exquisite Lombard dessert is the Cremona cake !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce