Looking for a tasty main course suitable for a quick dinner or a quick lunch? Try the Milanese asparagus recipe!
In this new recipe we present a second dish of Lombard origin: Milanese asparagus. In this region, in fact, there is an abundance of crops of this vegetable which is now considered a typical product of the place. Besides their taste, asparagus are also used for their important beneficial properties, especially the diuretic and purifying ones.
For the preparation of this original recipe we advise you to cook the asparagus in a large and narrow pot, taking care to tie them in a single bundle. This will allow you to cook without the asparagus moving and breaking . Alternatively, you can cook asparagus by placing them lying down inside a large pot that can contain them.
As for the eggs , however, we suggest you cook them one at a time and prepare the asparagus already divided for each portion. In this way you will be able to control the cooking more accurately and you will get perfect asparagus Milanese style.
Let’s see, therefore, ingredients and preparation.
Preparation of the recipe for Milanese asparagus
- First, wash the asparagus well and dry them starting to eliminate with a knife the hardest and whiter parts that are found in the stems.
- With the help of a potato peeler remove all the external section that will allow you to obtain a better cooking.
- Take all the cleaned asparagus and add them to form a bundle and cook them in a large pot which must be quite high and narrow and with plenty of water inside.
- Make sure that the part of the stems cook in water while the tips cook through the action of the steam. This will leave your asparagus soft.
- In the meantime, cook the fried eggs by melting the butter in a pan and placing the eggs on top one by one.
- Once the egg is cooked, which should have a soft yolk , put it aside and sauté a portion of asparagus that you will have drained first.
- Cover the asparagus with the egg, season with salt and pepper and cover with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Repeat the procedure with the other portions and serve the asparagus hot.
Although it is preferable to consume this dish as soon as it is cooked, Milanese asparagus can be stored already cooked in airtight containers that must be stored in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days.
Also try the asparagus risotto recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...