Fried fish is one of the most ordered dishes in restaurants. Preparing it at home is quite simple, just follow our recipe.
Who doesn't like fried fish? The most ordered dish in fish restaurants is a typically Italian recipe , probably thanks to the vastness of our coasts. From area to area, only the type of fish used varies, but the breading remains the same . Especially in the south, the mixed fry is served in a street food version inside the cuoppo , a paper bag, and enjoyed while walking through the streets.
For an excellent frying of fish , in addition to fresh fish, you only need semolina flour and seed oil for frying. No batter, no eggs, no breadcrumbs: it requires simplicity and you just need salt and lemon slices to serve it. Follow the recipe for fried fish step by step.
Fried fish recipe: how to prepare it
- How do you make a fish fry? Starting to choose the protagonist of the dish: the variety is very important as is the freshness of the fish. For fried food, we recommend using squid, baby octopus, mullet , anchovies (or small fish), prawns.
- Start by cleaning the fish. To clean the squid you will first need to remove the head from the bag, then take care of the cartilage, which will need to be removed. So take care of removing the entrails, putting your fingers inside the bag. Now remove the skin of the squid, also from the tail. Switch to the tentacles: incident the part of the squid immediately above the eyes, then with a pressure on the tentacles extract the tooth. Wash everything thoroughly and thoroughly under cold water: you can now cut your squid into rings.
- Now move on to cleaning the mullet. You will first have to peel the fish, using a knife and scraping away starting from the tail and reaching the head. Then eliminate the "whiskers" and fins. At the end of this operation, the belly of the mullet is affected and the entrails of the fish are removed. Finally, you will now have to fillet, taking care to eliminate any bones present.
- Now take care of the baby octopus. To clean them you will have to turn your head upside down, without making any incisions, and remove the entrails. Rinse well under water, then turn your head back upside down. To eliminate the eyes you can help yourself with scissors and make a small incision. The last step is that of the tooth: just push the tentacles to make it come out.
- Move on to cleaning the anchovies (or sardines, depending on your preference). Eliminate the head by pressing the gills with your fingertips and pulling it away. Gently open a book, then remove the central bone, taking care starting from the head not to eliminate the tail of the fish.
- Now the prawns : remove the carapace, remove the intestines with the help of tweezers, place them on a cutting board as you have already done before with all the rest of the fish.
- In a container, prepare the semolina, which you will need to flour the fish. Then proceed with the operation, placing the fish on a non-wet surface, to avoid the formation of annoying lumps.
- Heat the oil in a pan: the temperature will be very important for the success of a good fried food. The oil will need to be 180 degrees for the fish to fry really well.
- When the oil is hot, proceed by type of fish, starting with the mullet, then continuing with the baby octopus, then with the squid, anchovies and prawns.
- Drain the fish as soon as it is golden with the help of a slotted spoon . Transfer it to absorbent paper, add salt and serve, accompanied by lemon slices.
Don't make the mistake of frying the fish all at once. This is because each of it has its own cooking: for the mullets it will take at least 5 minutes, depending on the size, for the shrimp 1-2 minutes.
To be sure of the oil temperature, they advise you to equip yourself with a handy cooking thermometer: it will be very useful not only for frying fish but also for other types of fried food or preparations.
Fried fish is eaten as soon as it is ready , still hot and crunchy. In fact, we do not recommend keeping it in the fridge after cooking: it is best to consume it immediately, hot. As the hours go by, it will become soft and unappetizing.
READ ALSO: Everything you should know about frying oil
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?