Introduced by the Spaniards, mondeghili are Milanese meat-based, flavored meatballs. Fried in butter, they are a very tasty typical dish.
Known as mondeghili, these traditional meatballs were imported by the Spaniards . During the Spanish domination, the original recipe of this typical product spread in Milan, gaining immediate success. Initially, they were prepared with leftover meat that was found in the kitchen and still today, various types of meat are used, to be flavored with lemon and nutmeg. After being breaded, these tasty balls are fried in butter . Thanks to their exceptional flavor, they remain a much loved typical second course.
Easy to do, they will make you fall in love at the first taste!
Preparation of the recipe for mondeghili
- Before starting, boil the leftover pieces of raw meat in a pot full of salted water. It will take about 1 hour.
- Fill a bowl with milk and dip the stale bread crumbs inside to soften it.
- Take the liver mortadella and remove the outer casing. First cut it into slices and then into small cubes.
- Once the cooked ham is cooked, transfer it to a blender. Add the mortadella and blend to obtain a crumbled mixture.
- Pour the result into a bowl and add the softened crumb, after squeezing it .
- Add the chopped parsley, grated cheese, egg and nutmeg. To make them irresistible, flavor with grated lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper and knead with your hands to mix all the ingredients.
- Take a little dough at a time and knead it, to give the typical shape of meatballs to Milanese mondeghili. As you go, place them on a tray.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a bowl and roll it one meatball at a time.
- Put the butter on a non-stick pan and melt it on the stove.
- When ready, fry a few meatballs at a time, browning them on each side.
- As they are ready, take them with a slotted spoon and place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper. Once warm, they will be ready to taste!
This recipe is handed down from generation to generation and, now, it’s up to you to bring your grandmother’s dear mondeghili to the table. If they are left over, you can keep them for 2-3 days in the fridge , closed in an airtight container.
Let’s move from an Italian dish to an oriental one. Have you ever tried the fantastic meatballs known as chickpea falafel?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe