The mud cake is a typical American dessert particularly loved due to the important presence of chocolate. Let's see how to prepare it!
True, the name literally translated means mud pie , which doesn't make it particularly inviting. However, the mud cake will conquer everyone at the first taste with its full chocolate flavor: chocolate inside, chocolate outside, in short, it is a real triumph! Of American origin , where it is known as Mississippi Mud Cake, it is often used as a stuffed birthday cake because the dough is particularly firm and perfect to support the weight of the various layers.
We want to offer you the recipe for the chocolate mud cake, perfect for any occasion and easy to make. We will also see how to cover it with an irresistible ganache based on cream and chocolate but try to resist and not eat it all before having decorated the dessert!
How to prepare the mud cake with the original recipe
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, stirring with a spatula. To speed up the process, you can coarsely chop it with a knife.
- Then add the butter , stirring until it has melted completely.
- Then mix the eggs with the milk and sugar in a bowl with a hand or electric whisk.
- Incorporate 200 g of melted chocolate and mix well.
- Finally, add the sifted flour with cocoa and baking powder , taking care that no lumps remain in the dough.
- Pour it into a 22 cm diameter springform pan, lined with parchment paper or greased and floured.
- Then cook at 170 ° C for 50 minutes , doing the toothpick test before taking out. If placed in the center of the cake it must come out completely dry, otherwise continue cooking for another 5 minutes and repeat the check.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool and focus on the icing.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring it to a boil then turn off and add the remaining chocolate and stir to make it melt.
- Let the icing cool then use it to decorate the cake , spatulating the surface to make it rippled. Your mud cake is ready to be served!
The mud cake can be kept out of the refrigerator for 2-3 days in a cool and sheltered place under a cake bell. You can also store it in the refrigerator, remembering to bring it to room temperature before serving.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
A savory mix of flavors in the famous jambalaya
The term jambalaya indicates a famous Creole dish, typical of Louisiana, full of flavors, including rice, fish, meat and vegetables....
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
To be combined with striped shirts to follow the grunge style and even with elegant dresses, this is how Dr...
Zeppole di Carnevale: don’t call them pancakes!
At Carnival, every fried dish is therefore the go-ahead for our recipe for Carnival donuts: a truly amazing typical dessert....
Stress hyperglycemia: symptoms not to be underestimated
Stress hyperglycemia, like diabetes, should never be underestimated: let's see the symptoms and what to do in situations of this...
Homemade cheese with the Instan Pot: here is the ricotta
A few ingredients are enough to prepare a homemade fresh cheese. Here is the ricotta recipe with the Instant Pot....
Food1 week ago
Vegan diet: useful for the body and for the environment, here’s everything you need to know
Recipes1 week ago
How to cook with ginger: 10 recipes to make the most of it and enhance it
Beauty1 week ago
Sneakers brands: what are their most popular models?
Recipes6 days ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)