Mullet alla Genovese or mullet alla Ligure are an inviting and appetizing second course. A typical product to be discovered!
Are you looking for an original fish-based recipe? This is why we offer you the recipe for Genoese mullet, a second simple to prepare , but really very tasty . All thanks not only to the mullet, but also to the other ingredients used to enrich the sauce in which they are cooked.
In fact, mushrooms, anchovy fillets and herbs such as parsley and onion cannot be missing. As happens with traditional recipes, there are also many versions . There are those who flavor the sauce with fennel seeds and those who also add pine nuts, a symbolic ingredient of other Ligurian recipes. In short, many flavors for a simply unique dish!
Preparation of mullet alla Genovese
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 10 minutes . Scale the mullets, wash them under cold running water and let them drain. Meanwhile, prepare a mixture of anchovy fillets, onion, soaked and well- squeezed mushrooms and parsley.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of oil in a large low-sided saucepan. Brown the chopped herbs , anchovies and mushrooms in the oil until the onions soften.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes .
- After this time, take the mullets already scaled and cleaned, add them to the tasty tomato sauce and continue cooking for 10-20 minutes . Keep in mind that cooking time always varies according to the size of the fish.
- When cooked, season with salt if necessary and serve immediately. Enjoy your meal!
The fish prepared in this way can be kept in the refrigerator and closed in a container for a maximum of one day after cooking. Before serving it, we advise you to heat it in a pan.
At this point we cannot fail to recommend another fish-based recipe: mullet alla livornese !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition