Mussels alla tarantina: how delicious! With photos and video recipe to prepare them
After orecchiette, mussels alla tarantina are among the most popular recipes of Apulian cuisine. Here is our recipe to prepare them.
It's impossible not to have ever heard of mussels alla tarantina, if only for the fact that they were the protagonist of a very amusing scene in one of Checco Zalone's films, What a beautiful day . This Apulian recipe , like many other recipes with mussels, is really simple to prepare and the key to its success lies in the few genuine ingredients used for preparation.
The tarantine mussel soup is served with toasted bread croutons , essential to collect the delicious sauce that forms during cooking given by the combination of tomato sauce and the liquid of the mussels themselves. Parsley, garlic, chilli pepper and white wine are the other ingredients needed to bring out all the flavor of the molluscs. Come on, let's go prepare them by following all the photo steps and the video recipe .
How to prepare the mussels alla tarantina recipe
1. First clean the mussels by removing the protruding beard with a decisive gesture and rubbing the shells together to remove any encrustations. Then rinse them under running water and keep aside.
2. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan with a clove of garlic .
3. Once browned, add the mussels and a whole sprig of parsley .
4. Deglaze with the white wine and when you no longer smell the alcohol rising from the pan, cover and let the mussels open for about 5 minutes.
5. Separately, in another pan, heat the remaining oil with the other clove of garlic and the chilli pepper , deseeded and finely chopped.
6. Add the tomato puree , a pinch of salt and one of pepper and let it infuse for about ten minutes.
7. Drain the mussels, add them to the sauce and also incorporate the liquid left in the pan, filtering it well with a fine mesh strainer.
8. Season with a little more freshly chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper and serve with the toasted slices of bread .
9. You can toast the bread in a pan, in the toaster or for 4 minutes in the oven at 220°C with the grill mode.
If you liked this recipe, we invite you to try the mussel soup or one of our best recipes with mussels : one is better than the other and you will surely find the one that's right for you.
We invite you to consume the freshly made mussels alla tarantina. If you really have any leftovers, keep them for a maximum of one day in the refrigerator, warming them well before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce