Neapolitan Calamarata: photos and videos of the recipe for the first fish course
Calamarata with squid is a fun first course, whose name and appearance play with the similarity between pasta and shellfish.
As you can guess, the name of the calamarata pasta is due to its similarity with squid rings . Naturally it is a pasta format that lends itself to various preparations, but the one with squid is the traditional Neapolitan recipe and plays on the pleasant confusion between the ingredients.
Basically, when we talk about this recipe we are talking about a sauce made with squid, cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley and oil. If you can't find the calamarata you can use another pasta format, such as half paccheri or normal paccheri . What do you say, shall we dive headlong into this delicious recipe? Here are all the photo steps and the video recipe .
How to make calamarata: original recipe
1. Wash and clean the squid by running them under tap water. The head, the internal hard part and the innards must be removed, leaving the internal bag whole. Then cut the fish into rings of about 2 centimeters. Keep the heads split in half.
2. While it is heating up, brown the garlic in the oil in a pan, then add the slices of squid. Cook over high heat for five minutes, browning them well.
3. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters, then temporarily set them aside for a few minutes.
4. Deglaze with the wine, add the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and lower the heat . Cover the pot with the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes.
5. Wash and chop the parsley, then when cooked, add it to the squid.
6. Bring the water to a boil, adding salt when it starts to boil. Add the calamarata ( cooking time depends on the type of pasta) . Quickly drain it when cooked and, still a little wet, put it in the pan with the sauce.
7. Sauté it over high heat for less than a minute, then serve on plates with a drizzle of raw oil. The dish is ready, bon appetit!
If you liked our calamarata, try the other summer recipes too.
The ideal would be to consume the calamarata immediately, in order to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. Alternatively, you can store it in the refrigerator , in an airtight container, for a couple of days at most
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce