Wafer cake is a no-bake dessert prepared with very few ingredients and excellent to be enjoyed cold. Here is our wafer dessert.
We love quick desserts, especially if they’re unfired like wafer cake. Composed of layers of wafer and cream of cream and condensed milk and covered with a layer of hazelnut cream, it is perfect to keep in the freezer for emergency situations, but it is also excellent enjoyed at the moment.
To prepare it you can use the wafers of the taste you prefer. We advise you to try the hazelnut wafer cream cake, in our opinion the best ones ever, but also the most classic ones with vanilla are really delicious. Are you curious to find out how to prepare this delight?
How to make the wafer cake recipe
- First, whip the cream with an electric whisk. Then add the hazelnut cream and condensed milk and mix well until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Line a 20 cm diameter springform mold with phono paper and form a first layer at the wafer base.
- Cover with a layer of about half a centimeter of cream then continue alternating a layer of wafer with one of cream . Make sure that some of the latter remains to cover the cake.
- Then transfer the cake to the refrigerator for a couple of hours or to the freezer for an hour. Unmold it from the mold and cover it externally with the remaining cream.
- Decorate with chocolate chips as desired and put back in the fridge for another two hours.
If you are looking for sweet recipes with crumbled wafers, we recommend you also try our chocolate salami with wafers : it is a delight and is perfect to keep in the freezer for emergency situations.
The wafer cake can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days or in the freezer for up to two months. In this case we advise you to bring it back to room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...