No desire to cook? Then you have to try the photo and video recipe of baked onions!
Baked onions: a side dish that melts in your mouth, very simple to make. Here is the recipe and step-by-step preparation tips!
Are you looking for a very simple side dish to make, which goes well with many different dishes? The recipe that best meets your needs is certainly that of baked onions. There are very few steps, you just need to have some time (cooking takes quite a long time).
After having blanched them, you have to arrange the onions on a pan and bake them for an hour; for an extra touch, you can add a gratin made with breadcrumbs and cheese.
So let's see how to cook white onions in the oven with all the photo steps and the video recipe , the variations and our best advice !
Preparation of baked onions
1. The first thing to do is peel the onions and boil them whole for 10 minutes in boiling water .
2. Drain and cut them in half , being careful not to burn yourself.
3. Arrange them in a baking dish with the cut half facing up and salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the aromatic herbs chopped with a knife (we chose parsley but you can also opt for thyme and rosemary or even marjoram).
5. Pour the breadcrumbs over the onions and finish with a drizzle of oil.
6. Place the tray in a preheated oven for about 1 hour at 180°C . The time they have to stay in the oven is quite long but in the end it will be worth it: they will be so tender that they will melt in your mouth. If you see the surface starting to brown too much, however, cover the onions with foil.
7. For the last 5-10 minutes, raise the temperature and set the grill mode to create a crispy crust.
While the onions are cooking you can dedicate yourself to preparing your main course : this dish goes perfectly with roasts, stews, but also fish and meatloaf . Enjoy your meal!
Preparation of onions au gratin with breadcrumbs and cheese
To make this recipe more delicious, you can make a richer gratin: prepare a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated cheese (150 grams of both should be enough); sprinkle it on the onions, which also in this case must be cut in half . Always bake for about 1 hour at 180°C.
Variations, advice and conservation
You can choose the variety you prefer: baked onions (such as Borettane onions) will cook in half the time, but they are not recommended for gratin cooking because they are very small .
To eliminate the smell , you can follow a very simple grandmother's trick: leave the onions in water for an hour before proceeding with the actual preparation.
Did you like this dish? Here are many recipes with onions to be discovered and our best side dishes for Christmas !
Keep this dish in the fridge, in an airtight container , for a couple of days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey