Recipe for Elba-style octopus with potatoes, an excellent single dish based on fresh octopus and potatoes, also perfect for a summer lunch or dinner!
Do I want a holiday and the sea? Cooking can also help and Elba-style octopus is undoubtedly a dish that lovers of typical cuisine will know well. This dish is an alternative to another typical recipe, that of boiled octopus Elba style, which is generally cooked by dipping the octopus three times in a pan of water and then cooked for half an hour before seasoning with simple ingredients such as lemon and olive oil. Here, however, is the traditional recipe with potatoes.
Preparation of Elba-style octopus with potatoes
- First, clean the octopus well and cut it into pieces, or if you prefer, leave the tentacles whole.
- Pour the olive oil onto the bottom of a non-stick pan, let the octopus brown for at least 5 minutes, then pour in the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add at least two ladles of water , season with salt, close the lid and cook for at least 30 minutes .
- When there are approximately 15 minutes remaining until the end of cooking, add the peeled and chopped potatoes and the chopped tomatoes and if necessary add a little more water.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes . Serve, bon appetit!
The octopus prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator covered with cling film for 2-3 days .
Alternatively you can prepare octopus in red wine , a typical Greek recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...