One of the most loved typical Neapolitan products: the vegan casatiello
The vegan casatiello is the variant without animal derivatives of the typical Easter product of the Neapolitan tradition.
Since Roman times, Casatiello was and remains a typical product of Neapolitan cuisine. It takes the name of " little cheese bread "; in fact, it is a particular type of salted bread that we find in any food boutique in Naples during the Easter period. Generally, the traditional recipe is made up of salami, cracklings and other ingredients of animal origin, but this recipe can be transformed into a 100% vegetable alternative . The idea that we propose as a savory vegan recipe is that of the savory vegan Casatiello with sourdough, stuffed with olives and dried tomatoes. We are sure that already from the name your mouth will be watering. Let's reveal the secrets of the queen of easy vegan recipes.
Preparation of the recipe for the vegan casatiello
- First of all you have to refresh the sourdough . Then, let the flours air out and mix them in the mixer. After that, take the mother yeast and dissolve it with oil and 100 g of water.
- Put the mixture obtained inside the mixer where the flours are already mixed.
- Add the remaining water and let the machine work for 10 minutes, until the dough is nice and smooth. Add the salt.
- After a few minutes , turn off the mixer and move the dough onto a pastry board and sprinkle a little semolina to facilitate the kneading.
- Keep kneading by hand for 5 minutes until you get the shape of a ball.
- Move the dough into a ball shape inside an oiled bowl which you will have to close hermetically with a film.
- Let everything rest in a place away from drafts for about 1 hour.
- Take the dough back in your hand and put it back on the pastry board. Work it again and regain the shape of the ball and then put it back in the bowl.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 three times.
- Prepare the olives by draining them from the oil and chop the dried tomatoes.
- Take the dough, spread it out so that it fills the outline of the mold which will then be used. Stuff the dough with the olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Roll it up like a salami and transfer it to the mold. We advise you to put the semolina in the mold to prevent the mixture from sticking to the film during leavening.
- Let everything rise in the oven off for a maximum of 8 hours.
- Once the leavening is over, take it out, turn on the oven and bring it to a temperature of 200°C.
- Bake for 30 minutes at this temperature and then reduce it to 180°C for a further 35 minutes.
At the end of the time, let the vegan Casatiello cool down to be able to eat it.
Generally, the vegan Casatiello with sourdough is cooked and served hot, fresh from the oven. However, it can be stored at room temperature and in the refrigerator for 3/4 days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey