Pan-fried gnocchi are a delicious first course, cooked in the oven they retain a rustic flavour, enriched with tomato sauce and mozzarella.
Very little is needed to prepare pan-fried gnocchi, but they are so good that they can also be served for lunches on special occasions, as well as Sunday ones. The main element is the gnocchi, which can be made at home or purchased ready-made. For the seasoning you need: mozzarella , tomato sauce , oil and a little grated cheese to complete the decoration. Everything should be placed in pans, which also make the presentation of this traditional first course beautiful. Cooking in the oven guarantees the success of a succulent dish, while the crust on the surface becomes deliciously crunchy, thanks to the addition of cheese. In short, you won't be able to resist this dish.
Preparing the recipe for pan-fried gnocchi
- Take a pan with high sides or a pan and pour a drizzle of olive oil.
- Peel the onion and chop half of it with a knife, then pour it into the oil.
- Fry over medium heat and, when it has softened, you can add the tomato sauce.
- Season with salt. When it starts to simmer, switch to low heat and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes; towards the end of cooking, remember to add a few basil leaves.
- When the sauce is ready, place a pot full of salted water on the stove.
- As soon as it comes to the boil, you can dip the gnocchi.
- Cook the pasta over a moderate heat and, when they come back to the surface, you can drain them.
- Next, place the gnocchi in the pan with the sauce. Add the grated cheese, a little pepper and the mozzarella, cut into cubes.
- Mix everything, then distribute this mixture into the pans.
- Sprinkle a little more grated cheese and proceed with cooking.
- Cook in a fan oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes . Once finished, let cool and serve.
Pan-fried gnocchi are a dish as simple as they are tasty, beautiful to present with their pans. You can keep them for 2 days in the fridge , then reheat them in the oven 10 minutes before serving.
For a more alternative recipe, there are Parisian gnocchi .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...