Quick carlofortina pasta with pesto: a super tasty Sardinian first course. Perfect for those who love Mediterranean flavors.
As the name suggests, pasta alla Carlofortina is a first course from Carloforte, a Sardinian town colonized by the Genoese, which is why the recipe is also affected by their influence. The city, known for the Sardinian recipe with fresh tuna , cherry tomatoes and Genoese pesto , is known for the Girotonno : it is an event that lasts four days in the Sulcis Iglesiente, in which international chefs compete with tuna-based creations, while great and children savor delicious recipes and enjoy the music of the area.
Do you want to find out how to prepare pasta alla carlofortina? Let’s start cooking together!
Preparation of Carlofortina pasta with fresh tuna
- Finely chop the onion and dice the fresh tuna.
- Pour three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a large pan and heat them with the onion.
- Add the diced tuna and let it brown for a few minutes.
- Wash, dry and cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan, cooking them for 10 minutes .
- Turn off the heat and stir everything with the raw Genovese pesto .
- Meanwhile, in a pan, boil some water, add salt and cook the penne for 7 minutes . As soon as they are cooked, pour them into a pan mixing everything.
- Decorate with a basil leaf and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and bring the hot dish to the table!
Variations of the Sardinian first course
If you want to choose a different type of pasta, take it easy: even spaghetti alla carlofortina will have their charm.
If unable to get fresh tuna, you can still prepare pasta alla carlofortina with canned tuna. In this case it will not be necessary to cook the tuna in advance, but it will be enough to cook it simultaneously with the cherry tomatoes.
Conservation is not recommended for Carlofortina pasta. Since pesto must be mixed raw as the last ingredient, we will not suggest you reheat this Sardinian first dish but rather consume it immediately !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...