The pesto and pancetta pasta recipe is so good that you will fall in love with it from the very first taste. Here are the ingredients and procedure.
Pesto and pancetta pasta is perfect for those looking for a recipe for first courses to prepare in no time . In this case the sauce is really simple and fast , you can cook everything at the same time and above all you can use the pasta format you prefer.
We have chosen farfalle, a short pasta format , but nothing prevents you from using linguine, spaghetti or whatever you prefer. Let's see immediately all the steps to prepare the fast recipe!
Preparation of the pesto and pancetta pasta
- First, put a pot of water on the stove. Put the diced bacon in a non-stick pan, without adding oil or other fats as the bacon will brown a little at a time thanks to its fat.
- Brown the pancetta over medium heat for 3-4 minutes , when the cubes are golden brown, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Dip the pasta into boiling salted water and cook for the cooking time indicated on the package. After the cooking time has elapsed, drain the pasta, taking care to keep some water.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the pancetta, add the pesto , a drizzle of oil and, if necessary, a few spoonfuls of pasta cooking. Sauté the pasta in a pan with a sauce for 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
The variant: cream, pesto and pancetta pasta
A variant to prepare a delicious creamy pasta is the one that involves the addition of cream.
- 320 g of pasta
- 100 ml of unsweetened liquid cream
- 2 tablespoons of Genoese pesto
- 150 of bacon
- Salt to taste
- pepper as needed
- oil to taste
- Put a pot of water on the fire to cook the pasta, wait for it to boil , add salt to the water and cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, brown the pancetta in a pan without adding oil or other seasonings. Add the cream and let it cook for 2-3 minutes .
- Drain the pasta, transfer it to the pan with the pancetta, add the pesto and a drizzle of oil. Turn on the heat, stir the pasta with the sauce for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
The pasta thus prepared can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in an airtight container or covered with cling film. We recommend that you warm it up for a few minutes before serving it again.
How about trying the traditional pasta with pesto as well?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...