Perfect to prepare in winter, pasta with cotechino ragout is a quick and easy first course as well as a recycled recipe.
Cotechino and lentils are the masters for the New Year's Eve dinner but what to do if there is leftover? Lentils are an evergreen so there shouldn't be too many problems, but the cotechino has a strong seasonal connotation for this rather than consuming it in purity we prefer to reveal an alternative recipe, namely pasta with cotechino ragout.
Also perfect as a single dish , it can be prepared in two versions, plain or with tomato sauce. The procedure is analogous, except for the addition of the pass, and the result is noteworthy in both cases. Furthermore, you can use both leftover cotechino and cook one left in the pantry. Let's see all the steps together.
How to prepare the recipe for pasta with cotechino ragout
- First, finely chop the celery, carrot and onion and brown them in a pan with the oil and the rosemary sprig.
- In the meantime , crumble the cotechino with your hands (or cut it first into slices and then into small cubes) and add it to the pan. After browning it for a few minutes, blend with the white wine.
- At this point you can decide to continue cooking in white , adding a few tablespoons of water or broth, or add the tomato puree like us. In both cases let the ragù go for about 20 minutes .
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for the time indicated on the package. Our advice is to use egg pasta , excellent tagliatelle, to accompany the rich and decisive flavor of this sauce.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and toss it in the pan with the sauce. Serve piping hot, completing with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
Among the other ways of cooking cotechino we recommend the one in a crust , perfect for bringing it to the table in a new delicious shape.
Pasta with cotechino ragù can be kept for a couple of days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. We advise you to heat it in a pan, adding a drizzle of oil.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Chicken curry with milk accompanied by basmati rice: the video recipe of the oriental dish!
Here is the original recipe for chicken curry with basmati rice, a dish full of heady flavors and aromas: bring...
Risotto with turnip greens, an excellent first course
How to prepare a vegetarian first course to serve for lunch or dinner? Here is the recipe for risotto with...
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies: simplicity and flavor at the table!
Spaghetti with walnuts and anchovies is an original first course and so easy to prepare that it will amaze even...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children