Pasta with cotechino ragù: an alternative to the usual first courses
Perfect to prepare in winter, pasta with cotechino ragout is a quick and easy first course as well as a recycled recipe.
Cotechino and lentils are the masters for the New Year's Eve dinner but what to do if there is leftover? Lentils are an evergreen so there shouldn't be too many problems, but the cotechino has a strong seasonal connotation for this rather than consuming it in purity we prefer to reveal an alternative recipe, namely pasta with cotechino ragout.
Also perfect as a single dish , it can be prepared in two versions, plain or with tomato sauce. The procedure is analogous, except for the addition of the pass, and the result is noteworthy in both cases. Furthermore, you can use both leftover cotechino and cook one left in the pantry. Let's see all the steps together.
How to prepare the recipe for pasta with cotechino ragout
- First, finely chop the celery, carrot and onion and brown them in a pan with the oil and the rosemary sprig.
- In the meantime , crumble the cotechino with your hands (or cut it first into slices and then into small cubes) and add it to the pan. After browning it for a few minutes, blend with the white wine.
- At this point you can decide to continue cooking in white , adding a few tablespoons of water or broth, or add the tomato puree like us. In both cases let the ragù go for about 20 minutes .
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for the time indicated on the package. Our advice is to use egg pasta , excellent tagliatelle, to accompany the rich and decisive flavor of this sauce.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and toss it in the pan with the sauce. Serve piping hot, completing with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
Among the other ways of cooking cotechino we recommend the one in a crust , perfect for bringing it to the table in a new delicious shape.
Pasta with cotechino ragù can be kept for a couple of days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. We advise you to heat it in a pan, adding a drizzle of oil.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce