Palermitan style pasta with sardines is a fabulous dish, perfect to prepare for a lunch or dinner and amaze all your guests.
Today we are going to discover a fabulous recipe , a real institution in Sicily: pasta with sardines. Simple, tasty and fragrant, this traditional first course is now known throughout Italy
Like all traditional recipes, it can happen that changes not only moving from city to city, but also to street to street: there are those who think that puts the saffron, some tomato paste and who still uses only a certain type of pasta. But there is one thing not to be discussed: sardines go hand in hand with fennel, another great protagonist of the dish.
Today, without bothering to discuss all the existing versions, we will try to make the authentic recipe of this delicious pasta. We have decided to prepare spaghetti with sardines, but bucatini are also great, because long pasta is particularly suitable for this type of sauce, but if you want you can also try other types of pasta.
What do you say, shall we begin ?
How to make pasta with sardines: classic recipe
- Start by cleaning the sardines well : open them like a book after removing the head and remove the bone, then pass them under running water to clean them thoroughly. Once you have done set aside.
- Now put the raisins to soak.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot , cook the onion with the anchovies and a drizzle of oil until the anchovies are completely dissolved .
- Meanwhile, dissolve the saffron in a little water and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- It’s time for sardines and raisins.
- Turn everything well, then add the almonds and pine nuts and leave for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, boil the fennel in a pot full of water for about two minutes, then drain and leave it aside. Once it is cold, squeeze it and cut it finely , then add it to the cooking sauce, adding salt as needed (taste!) And adding a good grating of black pepper.
- Calate the pasta in the water where you have blanched fennel and then, when it is almost cooked, end it in the pot of sauce with a ladle of the cooking water.
- Separately, toast the breadcrumbs , and once the pasta is ready, finish the dish with a good sprinkling.
Your pasta with fresh sardines and fennel is ready: enjoy your meal !
Seasoning for pasta with sardines: the best variations
Depending on the area and how a family usually prepares it, pasta with fresh sardines can be made in different ways . For example, there are those who do not use saffron, considered too gourmet an addition to a poor dish, born from the families of fishermen. In addition, there are those who prepare this traditional recipe of pasta with red sardines, with tomato puree in the quantity you prefer, but being careful not to overdo it so as not to risk losing the flavor of the sardines. Finally, to make this simple recipe even tastier, the pasta with sardines alla Palermo is perfect for achieving the goal. It is in fact prepared in white and passed about 10 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C before serving.
We recommend consuming this first fish dish at the moment .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course