The ris e coi ravioli are a typical Piedmontese filled pasta prepared with rice cooked in milk and cabbage. Here is the original recipe.
The ravioli ris e coi, in Piedmontese dialect raviole si e coj, are a first course of fresh pasta typical of Piedmont and, more specifically, of the Langhe. They are considered as the lean counterpart of ravioli del plin and, although they are decidedly less known, they deserve to be tried at least once in the classic way, simply seasoned with melted butter .
To prepare the rice and cabbage ravioli we proceed in a particular way. Rice is the main ingredient of the filling and is cooked in milk before being mixed with the other ingredients. Not that these ravioli are so rich: just a chunk of leek will be enough to fry the cabbage and you will be good to go. But let’s see all the steps for the preparation of agnolotti ris e coi.
How to prepare the recipe for ris e coi ravioli
- First, cook the rice with the milk until the milk is completely absorbed. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes during which you will need to stir from time to time to prevent it from sticking.
- In the meantime , prepare the pasta in the classic way, but also add the oil. Combine the flour, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix first with a spoon and then finish the process on a pastry board. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- During this time, dedicate yourself to the other component of the filling . Finely chop the leek, slice the cabbage and cook them in a pan with the oil and a pinch of salt until tender.
- When the rice is ready and cold, transfer it to a bowl, add the cooked cabbage, two tablespoons of Parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Roll out the dough rather thinly and form piles of filling on half of it.
- Close by pressing the contact points well then with a notched dough wheel cut the ravioli.
- Boil them in abundant salted water for about 3 minutes then serve them seasoned with melted butter and Parmesan cheese.
These homemade Piedmontese ravioli are really special, different from any other recipe you have ever tried to date.
You can keep the ravioli to cook in the refrigerator for a maximum of one day or freeze them well spaced for over 3 months . Once cooked, they can be kept for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...