It takes very little to make a simple side dish something sensational like we did with polenta with aromatic herbs.
Polenta is one of those side dishes that does not agree with everyone. There are those who love it and those who do not appreciate its rather neutral flavor. For this reason we experimented with polenta with aromatic herbs, a side dish that in its simplicity is able to ennoble the dish simply by adding a handful of aromas .
For this flavored polenta you can use all the ingredients you prefer but, in our opinion, the ones that best match the flavor of corn are sage and rosemary. Green light also to oregano, thyme and marjoram, to be added according to your tastes.
How to prepare the recipe for polenta with aromatic herbs
- First, bring the salted water to a boil. Pour in the corn flour, stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
- As soon as the polenta begins to simmer, lower the heat to low and let it cook. If you use normal polenta it will take 40-50 minutes , in the case of pre-cooked polenta instead follow the instructions on the package.
- In all cases, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add all the chopped aromatic herbs with a knife .
- Stir in the butter and serve the polenta with aromatic herbs hot.
- The polenta is good this way or you can let it cool on a baking tray lined with the special paper and then cut it into squares and grill it. To you the choice!
Among the other quick and easy recipes that you can prepare from this are the polenta sticks with aromatic herbs. They are ideal to make with leftover polenta: cut it into sticks once cold, brush it with oil and put it in the oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes until it is golden and crunchy.
Polenta chips with aromatic herbs, on the other hand, are prepared by blending the polenta in a food processor and rolling out the mixture obtained between two sheets of parchment paper . Once you have a sheet a couple of millimeters thick, cut it with a diamond-shaped pasta wheel. Put everything in the oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes making sure they do not burn.
Lovers of strong flavors, on the other hand, cannot help but try the polenta concia .
Polenta with aromatic herbs can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well covered with plastic wrap. You can consume it heated as it is or use it to create other tasty recipes.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...