Potatoes, gruyere cheese and… the gratin dauphinois is ready!
Gratin dauphinois is a single dish of French origin, good and easy to make, with potatoes, cheese and little else.
It is one of the oldest French dishes, but the gratin dauphinois is still very popular today. Its recipe is among the most traditional, even if every family has its own way of preparing and personalizing it. Either way, the original recipe of this French main dish always remains special and tasty. The two ingredients that cannot be missing are potatoes , cut into slices, and gruyere cheese – the most French there is! The basic preparation also requires cream, butter and eggs. Once baked au gratin in the oven , a crunchy crust is formed, which encloses a warm and soft filling.
Preparing the recipe for gratin dauphinois
- The first thing to do is wash and peel the potatoes; then, cut them into very thin slices with the help of a mandolin if necessary.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and put it on a moderate heat to warm it up. Once done, add the minced garlic and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir and then turn off the heat.
- Shell the eggs in a bowl and beat them; to these, add the hot and flavored milk and the liquid fresh cream. Stir to mix everything.
- Take a baking dish and butter the inside of it. Spread a first layer of potatoes.
- Pour half of the egg, milk and cream mixture, then add half of the grated gruyere cheese.
- Repeat these steps , making another layer of potatoes, one of milk and egg mixture and one of cheese.
- Enrich the surface with a few tufts of butter.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 90 minutes . At the end, leave the dish in the oven for a few more minutes, then you can serve.
Gratin dauphinois is a tasty dish, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can keep it for 1 day in the fridge , in an airtight container.
Another must-have French staple is croque monsieur, toast with cheese .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce