The fast tortellini caprese saves time and effort to have a delicious, fresh and truly original dish on the table.
The tortellini fast caprese is a fantastic idea for an excellent cold first course. Furthermore, you can prepare it in advance by freeing yourself from the hassle of the last minute. If you want, instead of buying canned pesto, you can prepare it yourself, it only takes a few minutes. If you use dry tortellini instead of fresh ones, you need 350 grams .
Preparation of the fast tortellini caprese
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. When it boils, add salt and throw in the tortellini. Remember to turn them over from time to time. The cooking time varies according to their size and the thickness of the pasta . If you bought them in packs, follow the cooking times shown on the label decreased so that they remain al dente. In salads, the pasta must be slightly more consistent than for a traditional first course.
- Meanwhile, wash the cherry tomatoes, dry them with absorbent kitchen paper, cut them in half and set aside.
- Cut the mozzarella into cubes, drain it in a colander for a few minutes and set aside. Wash the basil leaves and dry them and set them aside.
- When the tortellini are cooked, put the pot directly under the tap and cool the water to block the cooking of the stuffed pasta.
- Drain the tortellini, put them in a bowl and let them cool completely. To speed up the operation, you can spread them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Open the jar of pesto and check its consistency. If you think it is too thick to be eaten cold , add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, mix well and add it to the bowl with the pasta.
- Also add mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and to taste the tuna in oil. Pour over the pesto and turn well but gently, you don't have to break the tortelli . If you have prepared the dish in advance, put it in the refrigerator covered, but take it out an hour before serving it to the table. When composing the dishes, garnish with basil. If the leaves are large, break them off with your hands.
If you want to prepare pesto at home, here is the recipe to prepare it .
You can keep the dish even for 1 day in the fridge , well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival zeppole: don’t call them pancakes!
At Carnival, every fried dish is therefore the go-ahead for our recipe for Carnival donuts: a truly amazing typical dessert....
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
No longer just in winter, starting this year we will wear tartan also during the summer: here are the garments...
Sugar-free pumpkin pie: a light dessert!
Soft and sweet, pumpkin pie is a classic of homemade pies. Try it even without sugar! Sugar-free pumpkin pie is...
A savory mix of flavors in the famous jambalaya
The term jambalaya indicates a famous Creole dish, typical of Louisiana, full of flavors, including rice, fish, meat and vegetables....
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
To be combined with striped shirts to follow the grunge style and even with elegant dresses, this is how Dr...
Food1 week ago
Vegan diet: useful for the body and for the environment, here’s everything you need to know
Recipes1 week ago
How to cook with ginger: 10 recipes to make the most of it and enhance it
Beauty1 week ago
Sneakers brands: what are their most popular models?
Recipes6 days ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)