From egg pasta to fine ravioli passing through the filling, this is how ricotta and spinach ravioli are prepared, a delicious first course.
Ravioli are a type of stuffed pasta typical of Italian cuisine . There are many types that vary in shape and filling. The most famous and appreciated are certainly the ricotta and spinach ravioli. True, they are often bought ready-made, but if you decide to prepare them at home you will realize how tasty they really are.
The key to the success of this recipe is all in the ingredients. Choose them fresh and of the highest quality , starting with spinach. Ricotta also has a flavor, albeit a delicate one, so our advice is to buy it fresh or opt for a branded product. What about eggs and flour? Opting for organic products could prove to be the winning choice.
How to prepare the recipe for ricotta and spinach ravioli
- First, prepare the fresh egg pasta so that it has time to rest. If you are practical you can do everything on the pastry board, arranging the flour in a fountain, vice versa use a bowl.
- Break the eggs in the center and start kneading, first with a fork, incorporating the flour a little at a time, and then by hand. You will need to obtain a smooth and homogeneous, rather compact dough . Let it rest under the inverted bowl for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to the filling . Wash the spinach well and remove the hardest stems.
- Without draining them too much from the washing water, put them in a pan and cover with a lid. There is no need to add anything: the spinach will wilt over low heat.
- At this point, transfer them to a colander and let them drain and cool . Squeeze them a little at a time with your hands then chop them coarsely with a knife.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach with the ricotta, the parmesan and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Taste and adjust the salt too.
- The dough is now ready to be rolled out. Divide it into four parts and roll out one at a time with the pasta machine until you get the thinnest thickness.
- Form two rows of piles of filling (a teaspoon is enough) for the entire length of two of the stretched parts, spacing each other about 2 fingers.
- With the help of a pastry brush, moisten the parts of the dough not covered by the filling.
- Then cover with the other two strips spread, pressing the contact points well and making sure that all the air escapes.
- Make the ravioli by cutting the dough with a notched wheel.
- Then boil them in abundant salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan with the sage and brown it. If you don't like it, the sage can also be removed.
- Once the ravioli are ready, distribute them on the plates, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then pour the melted butter.
Do you want to try other vegetarian ravioli? Here are those of pumpkin and ricotta , perfect for the winter.
Once cooked, you can keep the ravioli in the refrigerator for a couple of days . While raw, they can be spread on a tray and hardened in the freezer. Later you can distribute them in the frozen bags already portioned.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...