Recipe for preparing ciriole alla ternana, how to prepare a typical first course from the province of Terni based on raw materials and simple ingredients.
Ciriole alla ternana are a typical first course of Umbrian cuisine and are nothing more than a particular shape of fresh pasta made with durum wheat flour and water. This first course originates from the "poor" tradition and, being a type of elongated pasta, it is partly reminiscent of Tuscan pici. The name of this pasta derives from the term "cereus", which means white like wax , precisely because the dough is made with flour and water. Below we offer you the recipe for preparing the basic dough and the simple tomato-based sauce. Here is the preparation step by step.
Preparation of Terni style ciriole
- First, prepare the sauce : finely chop the celery, carrot, onion, fresh chilli pepper and garlic.
- Transfer the aromatic mixture thus obtained into a saucepan, add a drizzle of olive oil, mix well, place on the heat and fry over medium heat for a few moments.
- Reduce the heat, add the tomato sauce and cook for an hour.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to preparing the dough: pour the flour onto a cutting board making the classic fountain shape, add the water a little at a time and start kneading to obtain a compact and non-sticky dough .
- To obtain the ciriole, work the dough by dividing it into small pieces and roll it out with your hands so as to obtain serpentines of dough with a thickness similar to that of bucatini.
- Cook the pasta in abundant salted water for 2-3 minutes at most, drain and season with the tomato sauce. Serve immediately and…enjoy your meal!
Alternatively I recommend you try the pici with aubergines and speck .
We recommend consuming the pasta made following this recipe at the moment . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...