Refined and elegant, here is the lasagna with leeks
Very few ingredients are enough to prepare lasagna with leeks, a quick and easy first course suitable for special occasions.
Preparing lasagna with leeks may seem like an unusual idea : in fact, the particular flavor of this vegetable does not make it loved by everyone, but we can guarantee you that slow cooking in a pan will bring out all its delicate flavour. As always, there is no single way to prepare lasagna with leeks: some add ham, some other cheese and those who prefer to mitigate the flavor with other vegetables .
We offer you the basic recipe which, by its nature, is perfect for a vegetarian diet , but as always we will leave you some indications to enrich and personalize the dish. In fact, when it comes to baked lasagna, everything you prepare will be on your plate.
How to prepare the leek lasagna recipe
- First clean the leeks by removing the final beard and the outermost layer. Then cut them in half lengthwise and finally into slices that are not too thick (2-3 mm would be perfect).
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the leeks and brown over high heat. Then lower the heat, put the lid on and cook for 10 minutes , salting about halfway through.
- In the meantime , prepare the béchamel by melting the butter in a saucepan and then adding the flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until it takes on a nice hazelnut color then pour in the milk slowly, using a kitchen whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook the béchamel for about ten minutes, until it thickens, season with salt and nutmeg and set aside.
- Now that all the components of the dish are ready, all that remains is to assemble. Spread a thin layer of béchamel on the bottom of a baking dish suitable for cooking in the oven, then cover with a layer of fresh lasagna pasta. Start alternating the ingredients forming the various layers: béchamel, leeks, parmesan and then pasta again , until you run out of everything. Decorate the surface with pine nuts.
- Cook the lasagna at 180°C for 35 minutes , leaving it to cool before serving.
Tips and variations for lasagna with leeks
As mentioned, this recipe lends itself to many variations. For example, you can prepare leeks and scamorza lasagna, adding 250 g of it cut into cubes and distributed among the various layers, or refined leeks and asiago lasagne, proceeding in the same way. The idea of giving the dish a crunchy note by adding some walnut kernels is also excellent. If, on the other hand, you are not interested in preparing a vegetarian savory pie, adding slices of ham in each layer will make this lasagna even more delicious.
Lasagna with leeks can be kept in the refrigerator , well covered in plastic wrap, for 2-3 days . They can also be prepared a few hours in advance, stored at room temperature and baked just before serving.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Have you ever made pasta with courgette flowers?
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Grilled swordfish: here’s how to cook it without making mistakes
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce