Rice balls, an ancient Ragusan recipe
Preparing Ragusan rice balls is really simple and once you taste them you will never stop cooking them. Let's see all the steps of the recipe.
Rice balls should not be confused with arancini . In fact, if in both cases cooked rice is used, the recipe that we propose today is much simpler. In fact, this typical product is prepared simply by mixing rice, eggs, parsley and grated caciocavallo , which is then given the characteristic shape of a meatball.
This delicious finger food should be fried and do not try to skip this step by opting for light cooking. You know that there is very little light in Sicilian cuisine. We guarantee that at the first taste, when you see the cheese spinning , you will understand that you have made the right choice.
How to prepare the Ragusa rice meatballs recipe
- First, cook the rice in salted water for 15 minutes . Once ready, drain it and mix it with the butter.
- Separately, in a bowl, beat 2 eggs with a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of pepper and the grated caciocavallo with a grater with large holes. Then incorporate the chopped parsley with a knife.
- Add the rice and mix well until the mixture is dry and workable with your hands . If necessary, you can add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Shape into balls about the size of a walnut and as they are ready, place them on a plate.
- Beat the two eggs left in one dish and put the breadcrumbs in another. Pass the meatballs first in the egg and then in the bread, then fry them in plenty of seed oil until they are golden and crunchy.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper before serving, very hot.
If you love delicious recipes do not miss this: it is something incredible despite being very simple to make.
As with all fried foods, also in this case our advice is to consume them as soon as they are made . If you have any leftovers, you can heat them briefly in a pan before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce