Preparing Ragusan rice balls is really simple and once you taste them you will never stop cooking them. Let's see all the steps of the recipe.
Rice balls should not be confused with arancini . In fact, if in both cases cooked rice is used, the recipe that we propose today is much simpler. In fact, this typical product is prepared simply by mixing rice, eggs, parsley and grated caciocavallo , which is then given the characteristic shape of a meatball.
This delicious finger food should be fried and do not try to skip this step by opting for light cooking. You know that there is very little light in Sicilian cuisine. We guarantee that at the first taste, when you see the cheese spinning , you will understand that you have made the right choice.
How to prepare the Ragusa rice meatballs recipe
- First, cook the rice in salted water for 15 minutes . Once ready, drain it and mix it with the butter.
- Separately, in a bowl, beat 2 eggs with a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of pepper and the grated caciocavallo with a grater with large holes. Then incorporate the chopped parsley with a knife.
- Add the rice and mix well until the mixture is dry and workable with your hands . If necessary, you can add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Shape into balls about the size of a walnut and as they are ready, place them on a plate.
- Beat the two eggs left in one dish and put the breadcrumbs in another. Pass the meatballs first in the egg and then in the bread, then fry them in plenty of seed oil until they are golden and crunchy.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper before serving, very hot.
If you love delicious recipes do not miss this: it is something incredible despite being very simple to make.
As with all fried foods, also in this case our advice is to consume them as soon as they are made . If you have any leftovers, you can heat them briefly in a pan before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...