Risotto alla mortadella: perfect recipe for delicious and quick first courses to be served at a lunch or dinner with friends.
Risotto alla mortadella is a delicious first course and very simple to prepare. Compared to many other risottos, this recipe has a main ingredient in addition to rice: mortadella with pistachio. For this preparation I recommend adding the mortadella into strips just before the rice is cooked so as not to overcook the mortadella.
Preparation of mortadella risotto
- Start by thinly slicing the onion then sauté it in a saucepan with the butter over low heat. Meanwhile, cut the thin slices of mortadella into strips.
- When the onion is well wilted, add the rice, toast until the rice has changed color and blend with the white wine. Let the alcohol evaporate then add a few ladles of boiling broth.
- Continue cooking by adding boiling broth as needed. Two minutes before the rice is cooked, add the lightly toasted mortadella in a pan and part of the chopped pistachios.
- Turn off the heat and whisk with a little butter and grated cheese.
- Serve the risotto decorating the plate with strips of mortadella, a sprinkling of chopped pistachios and some cheese. Enjoy your meal.
If you liked this recipe, you can’t miss the recipe for risotto with leeks and speck . There are many recipes with rice that you can prepare. We have collected some in the article Recipes with rice: risotto, single dishes and croquettes .
Risotto prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container or well covered with cling film for one day . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...