Risotto alla Pescatora is a unique dish of sure effect, able to entice any palate and transform every meeting into a party.
Risotto alla Pescatora is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine, and can be prepared with many different ingredients, according to the season and the geographical area. Usually among the ingredients we find molluscs and crustaceans, but if you want you can also add fish with firm and compact flesh, cut into cubes two or three minutes before the rice is finished cooking.
For convenience you can also use frozen ingredients, but if fresh they give the preparation a tastier flavor. If you are looking for a complete, delicious recipe suitable for important occasions, you will surely be on the safe side with this fisherman's rice!
How to prepare seafood risotto with the original recipe
- First prepare the comic. Peel the prawns, put the tails aside, eliminating the intestinal thread. Put the shells and heads in a saucepan, add the tomato cut into pieces, one of the onions cleaned and cut into pieces, a couple of sprigs of parsley, a pinch of salt, pepper to taste and about a liter of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. Recover the liquid only by passing everything through a sieve and crushing the heads and shells with a spoon to release the juices. Pour the fumet into a saucepan and keep warm on the stove with a very light simmer and here is the fish stock for risotto alla pescatora.
- Meanwhile, clean the mussels and pour them with the clams, a clove of garlic, a whole sprig of parsley and a little oil in a large saucepan. Cover and cook for five minutes, or until the shellfish open .
- Drain keeping the liquid that the molluscs have released, shell the mussels and clams keeping some in their shells for garnish. Filter the liquid eliminating any residue, even sand, and add it to the fumet.
- Finally, as a last preliminary preparation, clean and cut cuttlefish and squid into strips.
- Now we can start cooking our risotto with fish. Clean the remaining onion, chop it finely and put it in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil and the crushed garlic clove. Fry for a couple of minutes , stirring frequently, remove the garlic and add the rice.
- Let it toast, then pour the wine and let it evaporate. Continue cooking the rice, adding a ladle of the stock from time to time when it gets too dry . The total cooking time should be around 18-20 minutes, but check it from time to time, and in the same way, add salt at the end.
- Immediately put two tablespoons of tomato puree (if you prefer it white, skip this step). After five minutes of cooking the rice, add the squid and cuttlefish, after another five minutes the prawns, and when the rice is two minutes away from cooking, mussels and clams. At the same time, cook the prawns in a pan with very little oil for a couple of minutes.
- In the end, the risotto should be all'onda, nice soft and velvety. Add the finely chopped parsley, mix well and pour into plates. Garnish with some prawns and some mussels and clams in their shells. Enjoy your meal!
If you liked the fish risotto recipe, you could also try all our fish first courses : the taste is guaranteed !
Tips and variations of Primo Chef
We have made a red fish risotto, but you can easily eliminate the tomato and tomato puree and make a white but always delicious risotto. You can then also prepare a Neapolitan risotto alla pescatore quickly and easily: in this case you will have to add some lupins to the recipe (molluscs very similar to clams but smaller and cheaper), eliminate the tomato puree and tomato and use only datterini tomatoes, which you will cut in half and sauté separately in the pan and then add it to the pot with the risotto.
You may be wondering why we don't use salt, as well as butter and cheese for creaming. Being a sea fish first course, it does not need any other flavour, the fish meat and the previously prepared stock is enough. As for the creaming, to make this seafood risotto creamy you can decide to add a piece of butter with the heat off and stir vigorously to mix it with the dish, however we advise you to avoid grated cheese (it doesn't go well with fish at all). .
The risotto can be kept for a maximum of half a day in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?