Risotto with broad beans and peas is a very simple and seasonal first course. Here are the ingredients and all the steps of the recipe!
We are now in the middle of the spring season and risotto with broad beans and peas is ideal for enhancing two of the products of this period. In addition to broad beans and peas, the risotto is also enriched with courgette flowers, perfect for giving a nice touch of color to the dish. All is completed by seasoned cheese: try it with Parmesan, Grana, pecorino or any other cheese of your choice.
Are you ready to get to work?
Preparation of risotto with broad beans and peas
- After having shelled the broad beans and peas, boil the first ones until they are tender (a few minutes will be enough) then stop cooking in cold water and remove the cuticles .
- Now also boil the peas for a few minutes then drain them, stop cooking in cold water and keep them aside.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into the bottom of a saucepan, put on the heat, add the finely chopped onion and cook for 1-2 minutes , then add the rice.
- Toast for a few minutes, pour in the white wine and, when the alcohol has evaporated, cover with a few ladles of hot stock.
- After 10 minutes, add the broad beans and peas.
- Continue adding more hot broth if necessary, taking care to stir from time to time to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- At the end of cooking, turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper according to your taste and needs.
- Stir in the butter and grated cheese , stirring vigorously out of the pan with a spoon and serve, garnishing with flakes of cheese as desired. Enjoy your meal!
If you want an even creamier (and greener) risotto , blend the broad beans with a drizzle of oil, hot broth and some cheese to taste, then add it to the rice around the end of cooking.
The risotto prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1-2 days and in an airtight container.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...